That our child should leave our home each day, be relegated to a desk in the midst of dozens of other similarly-aged children, sit and passively accept instruction from someone we do not know and may not approve of, be commanded to be still and quiet for many hours at a time, be permitted food, drink, and bathroom privileges only at times suitable to the instructors, and then finally sent home with more work to complete…
This forced regiment goes against every impulse and instinct I have as a parent. This is not the best way for children to learn."
- Free Your Kids (via thinksquad)
Thank you. This is why I never really pursued higher education although I want it so desperately. This is no way to run a country.
Everyone needs to see this! Germany also has free higher education so long as you make very good grades. As well as the other Nordic countries, Germany has a high tax also. I really wonder why this is such a big deal in America. The rich keep getting richer and the poor, as well as middle class, keep getting poorer.
- Your ability to memorize mostly useless things
- Your ability to regurgitate information in the way others want you to
- Your ability to understand what adults want from you and give it to them
- Your tolerance for working on tasks you don’t find useful because others want you to do them or believe them to be helpful/socially acceptable
What grades do NOT determine:
- Your intelligence
- Your creativity
- Your emotional capabilities
- Your likeliness to succeed
- Whether you’re a good person